We had a second meeting of Fiber Junkies this month as we had to miss July completely...we were shy 2 members but had Gen's daughter Carol with us. Carol loves to do what we do - making messes with fabric (has her mom's genes) and fits in with our group so perfectly. We decided to keep the meeting light and hope for sun as we decided to revisit sunprinting.
Most of us used cotton, but really anything that works with Set a Color should work fine. Paint was applied to the surface - on the left Mary is using wool as she works with wool so much.
Gen also used an interesting piece of netting to lay on top. I didn't think it would do much as it was so thin, but it really worked well.
I had some gummy stick on window decals purchased after Valentines day and on right, fabric leaves.
The glittery fern worked well as it sat closely to the fabric surface.
The sequin waste worked great...one of my favorites...along with the stencils.
AND NOW THE RESULTS....The paper plate holder and lace rack - great!...the sequin waste...really great. We all loved the way some parts not touching the fabric allowed for some spaces. My leaves (on right)...total failure and my cupid's hearts...semi okay
Til next time....