Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Shady Ladies, Amazing Ladies

Last Tuesday, the Asheville Quilt Guild held their monthly meeting which featured a very inspirational and exciting program - the Shady Ladies. The Shady Ladies are a group of fiber artists from the Waynesville area of NC. They meet once a week, under the direction of Jane Cole and Wendy Bowen to brainstorm, work and generally draw inspiration from each other. They presented an amazing amount of work which featured some of their annual challenges as well as individual work. Some work was traditional, some very artsy, all was excellent and inspiring. I left on such a high with so many wonderful ideas spinning in my head.
Below is Jane Cole's  "Blue Ginkgos". It is amazing in person.

I don't know about you but I always fantasize about "if I could go home with one quilt, which one would it be". Although there were so many amazing quilts, this evening it would be "Blue Ginkgos".

1 comment: