Thursday, December 9, 2010

6 X 37 cents = Amazing!!

Last year, shortly after the holidays, my son brought home some Christmas Cactus; they were on clearance at a greatly reduced price - 37 cents each. He called beforehand to say he was bringing home 6 teeny, tiny plants that didn't need much care. Everyone in my family knows I'm the one without the green thumb, but these little darlings just thrived in my care! I forget to water them, so in this case, they're happy as can be. Around Thanksgiving time, the buds were coming and starting to bloom - hope they make it to Christmas so they can live up to their name of the Christmas Cactus!
Six of these tiny plants were put in a huge pot We had no idea what mix of colors were together, so we waited with anticipation and then the flowers started to come - just a splattering at first.
Which got better each day. I like it - a good mix of red and pink.

I'm off today to visit my daught in Atlanta for 2 days to shop til we drop, talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment