Saturday, April 9, 2011

More Funky Houses

While at our PTA retreat, I worked on my "Funky Houses" quilt; it's been a lot of fun. The more I do, the more I want to do - keep thinking of new ideas. It's the type of quilt that lets your imagination go crazy and be as silly as possible. This little house used commercial fabric, 3 different roofs before I found the perfect one, a cement stovepipe-like chimney and an opening in a building (kind of spooky with no end to it) that became a mysterious door. I was debating as to whether or not to put a "pair of eyes" at the end.
I loved this brick wall which also became a roof, but didn't work on this particular house.
This grating became the roof I used and worked well with the endless door. I realized I posted the wrong "final picture" of this house so will post the one I'm using with next set of houses.
This is one of my favorite houses and uses a picture of icicles taken along the Blue Ridge Parkway along with mushrooms and cement for the chimney.
The door was from a rock building I photographed years ago.

The icicles and moss made a perfect roof.

and mushrooms photographed on a morning walk look almost fake they are so "perfect". You can't beat Mother Nature.
Will post more houses as they come together....it's been big fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment