Thursday, May 26, 2011

Little Flower Arrangements

I love the warmer months for the many beautiful flowers they bring. I don't like the heat of summer but it's almost worth it to have a constant supply of flowers at your fingertips. I have an assortment of things to hold flowers down to the smallest one below. It was a favor at a wedding, made for holding toothpicks; I love putting a rose in it.
This large rock had a hole drilled into it and a "frog" attached underneath. The frog has spiky things that hold the stems along with a well for filling with water.

And these next 2 are my favorite - both gifts from some good friends who know what I love!
This is a combination of 2 different types of Raku - the horsehair raku (white) and the oil slick look around the edge. Nancy knew I collected Raku and knew I would love this. I think I use it everyday during flower season.
You don't need many flowers right now with all the peonies in bloom; they practically make the entire arrangement and last for 3-4 days.
Big fun doing these little things.
Have a good and colorful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment