Sunday, February 19, 2012

Funky Houses - Almost Done!

I've been working like crazy to finish the top of this quilt. It has many examples of inkjet printed images which will work well with my upcoming lecture at Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival.  I must admit I've let everything go - the Dust Bunnies have been keeping me company (and multiplying) and acting quite smug while watching my progress knowing they're safe from extinction for a while. 
   I knew the piece needed some "green" to zing it up and also give more interest.  I have struggled with this part, doing and re-doing vines and tree branches. 
 I've always felt living with something for a while gives a whole new perspective. Time however, was not on my side this time around and I was anxious to find a solution.

 I finally realized it was just overdone - I couldn't see the forest for the trees or in this case, I couldn't see the houses for the forest, so I started to tweak and tweak some more, removing, slimming down each branch.
 I think it works now, less branches and just enough leaves and green. So now it's ready to be quilted - something simple but that will have to wait for a while.
Feels good to be in the homestretch of one of my unfinished projects and one I like.  Hope to see you at Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival - have a great week!


  1. Love the vine! It connects the funky houses and creates a neighborhood! Great eye.
    Hugs from Mary

  2. That is so fantastic! Your quilts/crafts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!
    Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)