Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fun Nursery Stuff

Life has gotten a little crazy around here with my daughter due with her first child in 3 weeks. She's having a girl and we are all so excited.  My handy and very talented husband made a dresser/changing table for the nursery.  The top changing part comes off easily when there's no more need for it.
 I had the job of making the curtains, lined with a room darkener.  I had never worked with that kind of lining fabric before;  it was very different to work with.  I love the fabrics that Jill chose for the nursery.
 Jill made paper pom pons for above the chair. They really add a lot of "pop" to the room.
 And for above the crib, we both made together....
 a fabric bird mobile. My non-sewing daughter called me from a quilt store in Atlanta and asked me if I had ever heard of a "fat quarter" (I laughed hard over that). Her arms were full of all these fat quarters, she wanted to buy out the whole store.
 Think she got bitten by the bug! A quilt shop will do that.
 Jill made each bird using 2 fabrics - tummy and top and all so colorful.

 We attached them to twigs and hung fishing line down the middle for hanging.
 They bounced and swayed ever so gently. I know our new little girl will love it.
Jill made them while visiting here so I haven't seen them hung over the crib but I'll be going there tomorrow - can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment