Saturday, September 7, 2013

Interesting Fabric

In one of my more recent marbling sessions, I was experimenting with some flocked fabric.  I think it was the fabric I bought while "fabric dumpster diving" at a little place we go to in SC. It has lots of bargains, some good stuff, some not so good, but it's all great fun.
This was one of those "what if" fabrics. What would happen if kind of thing.  I still don't honestly know how this happened. When I marbled it, the marbling stayed on the flocked pattern but not on the sheer background. I alummed the fabric which is the prep for marbling so by rights, it should have taken all over more so than it did.
It's very, very faint on the background, you have to look hard to see it. The flocked areas are intense in color.
I loved the results and wish I had more to marble.
This was another marbling boo boo turned good. I dropped some paints, raked the design and then the phone rang or something to get me side tracked. You know how that goes, one thing leads to another which leads to another and before I knew it, hours had passed and I never printed my fabric. When left a long time, the paint can separate into something entirely different and often not so pretty. This is what happened and I really liked it better than the original.  Only problem is I couldn't repeat this if I tried.  It's a small piece and a one of a kind so I may have to keep it to look at.....   but maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember seeing that last piece ever.....it's totally wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete