Saturday, December 6, 2014

Holiday Fair

I like to do the holiday fair each year featuring the artisits of the Southern Highland Craft Guild. It's a one day deal, 10 - 4, no money handled - the head table takes care of that and sends you a check, very little set up and people are there to shop....seriously for the holidays. So it's a win-win all around. I usually sell my scarves which I have on hand; they also make nice gifts.  I did some rayon/bamboo dyeing using mx dye and nuked them in the microwave, good results...BUT
 think I need to change the container, Wow, what a crazy mess.
 The scarve did fare well...
 the container, not so much. It might make an interesting piece of art though ( -:   !
 Some of the plainer ones - dyed some time ago, I went back and silk screened using Lumiere paint for some sparkle.


I did leaves, pinecones and some dragonflies.

I
Pinecones are my new favorite screen, nice for winter and the holidays.




 I did some acid dyeing on silk blanks - my favorite way of dyeing.

Some of the bigger scarves needed an overdye like the one on the left, overdyed in another blue giving it a little more interest.
Set up my booth and am ready to rumble. I have to leave in 30 mins, the sale is this saturday and next wee, same fair only with a whole new set of artists. It's at the Folk Art Center in Asheville on Blue Ridge Parkway. If you're around, stop by, lots of great deals and good fun.
Til next time
Judy

1 comment:

  1. I've been to the Folk Art Center, long ago. Your scarves are beautiful! I love pinecones, too.

    ReplyDelete