This is part of an ongoing series I started with deconstructive screenprinted fabric from a while back. I do have a "leaf I" posted some time ago and finally got round to finishing the blue version.
The leaf is created from the deconstructive screen printing technique using blue and green dyes. I thought it needed more depth; using a silk screen, I screened lettering using discharge paste over the leaf to add more interest to the top. It still needed more and was small enough to run through my ink jet printer. I printed the tree branches coming in from the side. I adjusted the print opacity of the branches so they wouldn't be so strong.
Still needing more, I used the same lettering, this time with a dark color paint to show up more prominently on the blue band that will go beneath.
Those of you who know me know I live by the philosophy of there's no such thing as too many trees, so here we go again - more trees from a screen of a photo I took along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Painted organza binding, free motioned quilted and mounted on a pre-stretched canvas...
and the finished piece...."Leaf II". I will have to get busy gathering more things on my morning walk to do more of these type pieces. I like the results even though the prints themselves can be so challenging at times.