Monday, January 25, 2016

"Snowin and Sewin"

I don't imagine anyone needs a reminder of the big storm - a crazy amount of snow and wind but a perfect time to hunker down and do some sewing as long as there was power.......AND power there was, so all was good.
 I do like snow and to have 1 or 2 snowfalls a season is just fine. It is so pretty and as long as you don't have to go anywhere, it works for me.
 We have some nice size hills, the kids were out sledding and I watched from inside. We gave our new kitten (13 pounds) a taste of his first snow and he wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

 The sky was beautiful that night, meanwhile back in the studio I decided I needed a no brainer - to sew for the sake of just sewing. I've been anxious to use up scraps and thought I would put together this little scrappy quilt.
 I started to see a pattern of this Kokopelli running through the quilt. By the way, I could not for the life of me remember his name so I googled "little man with arched back playing the flute" and up popped Kokopelli - you can find most anything on the internet.
I also started to see the gold was really needed to pop and the dark brown batik really made the gold work more effectively so scraps were replaced and rearranged.
So it has some sashing and borders and now it just needs to be quilted. It's a fairly small piece so it should go fast. I think I'll call it either "Snowed In" or "Kokopelli's Maze"....think Snowed In will always remind me of this huge snow storm.......Til next time.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT?!? There’s not a tree or leaf in sight!!! Grinning…..

    ReplyDelete