Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Asheville Made

So there is a new publication in Asheville dealing with local artists, their products and techniques. It's always nice to know your neighbors in the art cummunity. I personally love to support our artists here in Asheville.
I was honored and quite frankly very surprised when I got a call to appear in this new publication - Asheville Made. This lovely quality magazine is free and can be found around town. One of the nice features of this publication is the variety of art that is covered in each issue.

I didn't know what to expect...thought the photographer was here to photograph a few quilts but lo and behold, I was part of the deal. At the last minute, I decided to wear something a little nicer...his first words "You match your quilt"....Well, as luck would have it, I did - too funny!This lovely man was a pulitzer prize winning photographer for his work on Katrina. 
The entire publication is top notch and "it" being so new to Asheville, I'm hoping many people pick up a copy and support this lovely magazine. If you're into art and want to support local talent, then please check this out. There is truly something for everyone.
I wish them lots of success and thank them for giving me the opportunity to be among the firsts to make an appearance.

6 comments:

  1. WOW...congrats! How very cool and well deserved to be recognized in your area!!! I'll have to look to see if this can be found online. some of the local magazines can be found on the web. Again, kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I found your article online!!! Very cool! https://ashevillemade.com/quilter-deconstructs-the-fabric-of-tradition/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on being profiled in this magazine! I looked at their website, and there are some very talented artists featured.
    I'll be in Asheville for 1-1/2 days in mid October. What are the best places to visit to see artisans at work? My husband and I enjoy seeing all kinds of fine crafts, particularly metal, wood, and pottery. Also any recommendations for food and live music would be welcome. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete