Tuesday, June 9, 2020

VooDoo Lily

 My friend Gary and Barbara have a marvelous garden...their garden has been used for many garden tours. One of the very magical plants in their garden is the Voo-Doo lily which blooms once a year and only for one day.

It is quite beautiful and quite big...


You can get some perspective with Gary sitting in back of it. It just bloomed...and because of social distancing, we didn't have a chance to see it this time....but luckily I had some amazing pics from last year and since it just bloomed, I decided I needed to share this......It was amazing in person! 
And here are a few of my own lilies...not quite the Voo-Doo but still pretty.

2 comments:

  1. These beauties certainly brightened my day….so glad you shared the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of a Voo-Doo lily! It's huge! And so unique! You have to do a quilt from a picture of it!!!! Yes, your own lilly is beautiful too!!!! Thanks for sharing this unique plants!

    ReplyDelete