Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Deck the Halls......

With so much time on my hands this year and not going anywhere, ... I decided to redo some things for the holidays....granted no one will be here except my hubby and son....but I do like to decorate and after 14 years in this house, the old look was dated and shabby....I was ready.  

I wasn't sure what I wanted but liked the idea of being in a forest with pinecones, snow covered berries etc...and that is what I wound up working with. The garland only came in 6 foot lengths and somewhat stiff so it was a challenge to get it on the bannister...lots of wiring....I also added the bows, pinecones, twigs etc with wire....now to repeat it next year...don't know how I'll do it but I'll worry bout that later. I was happy with the results and put it up early so we have a long time to enjoy it.
Leftovers went here....

and the mantel....
I have a frosted pencil tree which is my Santa tree....every Santa is different and originally did it for my granddaughter who is 8 and loves it. Unfortunately she won't get to see it this year....

I have a tree in my studio....
some Charlie Brown trees
and a Woodland tree (my favorite)....
which my cat Fraggle loves as he feels he's King of the Forest amongst all the critters.
It was a lot of work but putting them up early was a plus and we've been enjoying them....don't even want to think about packing up all this stuff ugh!.....but in the meantime....Happy Holidays.

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Makes me sad that I haven't put up any decorations this year...not having both set of kids over just doesn't make sense to me. But Christmas in July is on my calendar!!!!

    ReplyDelete