Sunday, May 16, 2021

A Walk Through Cabbage Town

When I visit my daughter in Atlanta, it's always so much fun to walk through Cabbage Town...a small little suburb in Atlanta with old and new homes, lots of funky art, old fashion sidewalks with tree roots and just lots of fun things to see. We were there last weekend for our reunion after Covid and it was an amazing weekend right down to perfect weather and an excuse for a walk.
I love to take photos and blend them in a photo editing program. Blending involves layering 2 photos and using various filters to get different effects. I like using "arches" and this one is perfect. I'm anxious to try it.
For as long as I've taken these walks, there have always been doll heads on these fence spikes...I love all kinds of funky stuff but this has always been creepy to me...still needed a picture though.
More interesting art from this house.
Love trees, looking up...
and moss!
Behind this "sweet" dog?...is a most interesting tree...doggie was very interested in barking at me and not letting me get a picture...I had to trick him by running up and down the sidewalk and catch him off guard
which I did..HA!! The tree has a mouth at the bottom and some kind of ceramic eyes but it does make you stop and look....and doggie likes the challenge!
Oh well....would you look at this...
and a bathtub with some bones...looks like the start of a horror movie...but also clever.
and a beautiful fence with flowers.
And this same house has a darling front porch....I'm sure many passing by have lots of fun things to say if one happens to be sitting there.
and the mailbox...
and a gargoyle to protect their house!
And I do love old weathered iron fences...charming!
and another leg....who knew?
and some hidden statues in beautiful foliage.

And this is the back of their house...I've talked to the people and they have a bird sanctuary here...This is a beautiful, peaceful place...I could sit out here for hours, reading, drinking wine or tea and listen to the birds....and now for me the best part....
There is a small building with these doors....I collect pictures of doors and like to use them in my work...I especially love the old, worn ones so this is a fantastic find.

I also love pictures of texture and walking along I found some great examples like the one above and the one below. They can be layered into something really interesting.


But this was my favorite that I found along the way.
Another beautiful garden 
and my favorite saying from the late, great John Lewis.
And to end it off, tree roots on sidewalks....watching my feet with every step.......not great for strollers and bikes but interesting to see.
Til next time...


2 comments:

  1. Super photos…..I esp. loved the textured ones of the wall…….it’s sooooo YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, you did get some great shots...especially the door and texture piece! WOW...I can see where you'll do amazing things by including them in your art work. For some reason, the doll heads on the fence look familiar...did you post those before...maybe you even said that! I was so busy scrolling through all the great shots!

    ReplyDelete