Sunday, October 3, 2010

Color Splits, Events and Reunions

Some wonderful shows and exhibits to check out if you're in the Asheville area in the next couple of months. The Echo Gallery in Asheville, NC has a new show opening this friday - October 8. The opening reception is from 5-8. The gallery itself is beautiful and spacious and showcases many different mediums from local and regional artists. I'm excited to be part of this new show as a guest artist. For more info, check out their website.
And more scarves to report on. I'm having fun dyeing with some new colors. I don't know if this qualifies as color splitting - probably not but I love the color - Magenta. Oddly enough, both scarves were dyed in the same stocking at the same time. The top one is a China silk and the bottom a crepe de Chine. It's interesting how the crepe is so much more intense.
This is Twilight - a new color and not really color splitting but I love the results.
And here's Chili pepper which really looks like a Chili pepper. And again the top is China silk and the bottom is crepe de Chine, done at the same time in the same stocking - such a difference in intensity.
This one is Nautical blue and there was color splitting, just hard to see here but some green came out along with a greenish-blue and true blue. I loved this color and plan to do some yardage for a blouse.
And last but not least, my reunion. I leave tomorrow for Baltimore to see 2 very dear friends from college days. I haven't seen them in 35 years, life got in the way, we lost touch, Facebook came into being and here we are! I'm very excited I'll so will be signing off for the week and talk to you soon. Have a wonderful week and I hope you get to do something you love (Or love something you do)!
Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment