Sunday, June 12, 2011

Quilt Garden

My daughter Jill has been visiting all week, it's been a whirlwind of bopping around, eating out etc - so much fun and now today is "catch-up" day. One of the things we did was to go to the NC Arboretum, an amazing treasure we are lucky to have right here in Asheville.
I'm always fascinated by their quilt garden. I couldn't get up high enough to get a good picture but you get the idea. Flowers arranged to create a patchwork pattern.


It's really wonderful in person and great fun to see.
Another favorite of mine is the Bonsai exhibit, on display year round. I don't know much about Bonsais but they are fascinating to see in person.

Many of the pieces had more than 1 Bonsai, like a forest which was super interesting.


And I loved this one with all the heavy vines; reminded us all of the Tarzan movies.
It was a great day but now it's back to the drawing board and reality. I'm getting ready for the Southern Highland Guild Fair in July, and working on a new piece for a challenge I'm in. Lots to do - will be up to my elbows in dyes today.
Hope you're having a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment