Saturday, September 17, 2011

Photography Adventure Pt. 2

I've been having some fun working in photoshop with the wonderful photos from my day at Dort's home and property. I loved the look of this old log wall
which transferred into a really good line drawing. I've already been to an office supply place to make a lazer copy of this, which I need to make a silkscreen. That's on tomorrows "to-do" list.
And I also loved this logwall also made into a drawing.
All the greenery comes across as "noise" in the drawing and the initial image is not as clear as I would like.
Another fun thing that Kate, Cathy and I came across was an old fridge, got Kate to sit on top and pose for a picture. Notice how Kate's pants and shoes match the greenery....Exactly!
This was one of my favorite things to photograph. I love circles (and rust) and of course this tire did the trick for me.
And transferred so well into a line drawing which has already been lazer copied to be made into a silkscreen. I think it will be a great image when screened on fabric.
There were some wonderful old tools standing upright
perfect for a possible silkscreen.
And my other favorite - a tractor hidden in the grass. Last time I was at Dorts, I took tons of pictures of this tractor in full view, but Mother Nature has taken over and all you can see is just the front peeking out. I love the drawing of this but way too busy to be made into a silkscreen. The original full view is great though and will make into a good line drawing.

When you see this tractor from head on, it has a face and I think you'll agree when you see the photos. On another note, I woke up this morning to a mere 51 degrees - I was elated, I LOVE FALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment