Monday, February 18, 2013

Heading Out

I'm all packed and ready to go, off to Hampton, VA to teach at Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival. It's always a favorite conference of mine and I know it will be great fun.  I finished another sample in bright colors for my Layered Nature-scapes workshop.  It's an Under the Sea theme - something that lends itself to lots of color.  
My underneath fabric was a hand-dyed cotton.  I silkscreened the lacy looking images with textile paint and also a discharge paste to give both a dark and light version.
 I machine quilted parts with a glitzy thread.
 and added a not so cute fish (doesn't even have an eye)  to give some interest in the top part of the piece.
 The sheer - top layer was painted with Dye-na-Flow and had lots of foliage added to it...
 and then laid over the bottom piece.
I purposely left the piece unfinished so the top could be peeled back to see what was going on underneath.
Will be gone until Sunday - have a great week and "see" you when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment