I started another piece a little while ago with the hopes of using some of the deconstructive screen printed fabric I have. I love the fabric, it's just hard to work with.
It's very busy but I thought of using just parts of it making it more do-able.
I also found some mushrooms I had screened some time ago and thought they would work in the piece.
And as luck would have it, there in my stash was some Shibori fabric I created a couple of years ago. I had the great luck of getting into a one day class with Yashiko Wada a couple of years back and am still finding treasures.
Another piece of Shibori. - this one I created by using a smocking pleater.
The above piece was created by placing a bean in the fabric and tying around it. I used a heavy cotton thread and kept it in one continuous piece as I went from bean to bean, so now I have some Indigo dyed cotton thread also.
It's going together without too much fuss. I'm still working on the top area and hope to finish it up this week. Til then......Happy Creating.