Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snowstorms and I've Been RAAK'D

The snow is here and I really do love it as long as it's not too often. I love being kept indoors in my studio with a fire going in the fireplace.  Our snow was nothing major but pretty just the same.  It's very cold outside and I'm happy to be housebound. 
 This is a view of the front, I stepped outside for just a second and snapped a few photos.
 Our Daffodils are in bloom right along the side here, probably not so anymore; I was looking forward to picking a bunch.
A winter wonderland!

 And onto a "gift" I received while teaching at Mid-Atlantic. At the end of each day, I would straighten my room, putting away, throwing out and get ready for the next day.  I came upon this small quilt on a table where I keep all the patterns and handouts. At first I thought someone had left it by mistake. I hung it up thinking the person who accidentally left it, would come back. By the third day, I asked my class about it as on the back was...
 You've been RAAK'D which is a Random Act of Art Kindness. I hadn't heard of that and was surprised and happy to think someone had left it for me.  This wonderful treasure has found a new home and is hanging in my studio where I keep my favorite things. It's a lovely piece and also makes me wonder who might have done this. I have a few thoughts on that, but for now I'll say, if you're reading this, Thank You.  I love it and cherish the idea that you thought of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment