Thursday, August 1, 2013

Smash Cake

 Well I do like to focus on quilt and sewing related things, but once in a while I just have to stray.
 We had our granddaughter with us a couple of weeks ago while my daughter was still on summer break and we had the most fun.  While in my studio which is large, has lots of drawers, cabinets, boxes and things for any small child to get into, the first thing she went for was my fabric.  My heart be still...Am I being delusional or is there a chance she might love fabric and quilting?!  A grandmother can hope.
The next week, we were back in Atlanta for Audrey's first birthday.  Apparently this is the time a one year old tastes their first "sweets" and gets a "smash cake" - their very own cake to....you guessed it...Smash. This is all new to me.
Audrey loved it but honestly was more interested in the spoon that she used, trying to figure it out. I envy how uninhibited children are. I get the willies just looking at all that icing on her.
Til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment