Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Leftovers

Leftovers created in the studio can lead to some wonderful surprises. I've been dyeing silk scarves the last week or so and have used my supply of scarves. I have small amounts of many dye colors  - purples, blues, greens, hot pink etc. I don't want to throw them out. I found some silk broadcloth, one of my favorite silks; it has wonderful texture and body. I decided to randomly pour leftover dye over the surface, steam it like crazy and anxiously await to see what would happen - how bad could it be? I really like the fabric. I have no idea what I'll do with it or if I'll take it further and stamp or screen on top of it. I think the colors are yummy. Sometimes using so many colors can produce muddy results but today the dyeing Gods were with me. Below is a detail..

No comments:

Post a Comment