Monday, May 23, 2011

In Love with Peonies

When I was a little girl, I lived next door to my grandmother, her and my mom were great gardeners and shared a Peony garden that separated the 2 properties in the back. I remember walking along the length of this garden, smelling the Peonies and thinking they were the biggest flower I'ld ever seen in my mind, the size of plates - well leave it to my childhhood imagination to remember them like that. My husband and son planted Peonies a couple of years back and they are really starting to come into their own. Although not the size of plates, they are a beautiful, big flower and right now my new favorite. We have light pink ones

and a beautiful deep rose colored one.
John and Mike planted 5 more Peony bushes this year - anxious for them to get big but I know I have a couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment