Friday, May 11, 2012

Cotton Patch Quilters

I had great fun visiting and presenting a lecture to the Cotton Patch Quilters the other night.  This guild is located in Athens, Georgia.  The Cotton Patch Quilters meet at the Lyndon House which in and of itself is beautiful and the meeting room perfect.  Athens is the home of the University of Georgia where my daughter earned her degree. My daughter also stayed in Athens to teach for 3 years, so for close to 8 years, it became our family's second home.  It was such fun to be back again and another surprise - I was taken to dinner at The Last Resort Grill - a favorite of ours while Jill was in Athens.  It was every bit as lovely and delicious as I remember it to be - below, they are redoing the side of the building.
 Show and Tell is always a highlight of every guild and this was no exception. Theonly problem is there's not enough time to see each quilt as long as you might want and I missed everyone's name. I was still given a thumbs up to show everyone's work. The gal on the right was affectionately known as the "prolific" quilter. She did have many quilts to share and each one wonderful.
 This quilt was spectacular and I could have poured over it for hours.
 Here's another from our "prolific quilter".
 Being a cat lover, I really bonded with this adorable Kitty Cat quilt.
I had a wonderful time with a great bunch of gals and I thank all the Cotton Patch Quilts for their warm and welcoming hospitality and Anita - I missed you!

2 comments:

  1. The quilt guild loved you, Judy. I was so sorry to have missed your program! We had a good time at the Mobile, AL quilt guild the same day. Did you actually get to see my shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed your lecture and being able to see you work up close. And wanted to thank you for posting my Bonnie Hunter quilt. Bonnie calls it Orca Bay, it was her latest mystery quilt that she presented on her Yahoo group and in her blog several months ago.
    Joan Garland

    ReplyDelete