Saturday, August 29, 2009

Goodbye to Summer

The signs of Autumn are here - that "goldeny" look the sky gets, cooler nights and almost, not quite but almost fireplace weather. I can hardly wait. I love our veggie garden but the only thing left are the tomatoes. Many of the flower beds are dying off including my happy Sunflowers. I took pictures last week and am glad I did; they're now gone. I'm not disappointed; I love the fall and all that comes with it - so one more look at the Sunflowers. Goodbye to summer and welcome fall. This was the Sunflower garden behind the veggies; each plant was a different variety.
The bees seem to love these flowers.
This is how I remember Sunflowers with the large brown centers.


Love these - so many varieties I had never seen.


I saved my favorite for last. I love those big, luscious centers so thick and bright.
Hope your summer was a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment