Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Tepee

There used to be a show on TV, think it was called the Munsters. It had all kinds of weird characters.  One always reminded me of a "walking rug or bush.  I don't remember the name of it but as I looked at our filled out tepee, that character came to mind. My son wanted to try this so he placed the poles in the shape of a tepee, then wrapped wire round and round, then waited and waited and then
Voila! It's really quite pretty, has a variety of vine type flowers most of which only bloom in the morning. I think this would be really funny with a "top hat" on top of it!
This is one of the vine type plants growing up the tepee called a "Love in a Puff". They are little puffs and when opened, there's a seed inside. Peel away the outer part of the seed and there's a heart shaped part to the seed, how clever. I wonder who thinks of these names!
and the Dahlias are really beautiful right now, some the size of a dinner plate - almost!


and our seasonal Hibiscus!
Hope you're enjoying this beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment