I created this piece at one of our PTA Retreats....still isn't finished, but along the way (and once again getting side-tracked), I realized I had a lot of leftover blocks...enough to make a smaller version.
Some of the images were silk screened on but most were machine stitched with Lana thread.
I used 2 different values to give the feel of distance. It was a lot of fun and easier than I thought to just meander and embroider. The images were very "weed-like" so perfection was not in order here.
I machine quilted similar images...some done in a monofilament to give just the texture
and some done with a rayon thread, close in color to the embroidered images.Nina Marie Sayres Off the Wall Friday.