Friday, January 27, 2017

I Spy

I recently had the opportunity to make an I Spy quilt...love these cute little quilts which you can throw down for a little one to sit on and find all kinds of cute images. They are bright and colorful which is so appealing to a young child. My 2 friends - Kate and Mary and myself,  made some I Spys at our first PTA retreat. We pooled our child friendly fabric and were off and running. We have a big plastic bin called our "I Spy" bin which we circulate among ourselves. The 3 of us have made many of these cute little quilts over the years.
   So here's some details of some of the cute blocks featured in the quilt.

My Little Pony - my granddaughter's favorite along with Frosty the Snowman.
 A little princess...each block includes brightly colored solids.


My Little Kitty and yummy cupcakes..I do like to mix some black and white polka dots to calm it down.

A cute little caterpillar...



Sully from Monster's Inc. and of course the beloved fairy godmother from Cinderella..




and Carebears who are enjoying a revival. They were popular when my 40 year old daughter was little. One thing I will say is I appreciate my renewed proficiency of all these darling characters since I now have a granddaughter.
For the backing I chose a bright colored print with lots of cute bugs...For the pattern and instructions...click here
Til next time...

3 comments:

  1. One look at the smiling caterpillar and I was in love. Our daughters are of a similar era, and now so are our granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these kinds of ideas. Developing that "detail" skill of kids. I've made a cloth book with the same idea where the child had to find the matching fabric. Fun looking through scraps.

    ReplyDelete