I started this piece a while ago. I found some fabrics I had created using deconstructive screen printing and other techniques. I really like working in a block formation which allows me to highlight some of the surface design techniques.
This piece also has some commercial fabric such as batiks. I find it hard to mix the 2 sometimes (commercial and deconstructive) as both have so much energy and tend to compete with each other but this time, I was able to get a good mix.
The little strip of fabric (above, bottom) needed a little something so I added some stamping.....very subtle.
I laid it out to see where tweaking was needed. I laid paper patterns on top but think it's too much.