Friday, June 27, 2014

The Results

I finally got to washing and ironing my deconstructive fabric from last week. That's always the most fun part. With this process, you never know what you'll get. I used silk, mercerized cotton and hand dyes that needed a facelift.
This was my mercerized cotton using nutmeg and a pearl gray, a nice combination. It does show off the patterning in it.
I thought I was onto something, being able to use up my unsuccessful hand dyes. On left is a green fabric and it doesn't show off the printing as well, so it was worth a try but I think working with white is best. On right is a piece of silk, a little pale but will make a nice backdrop for something.
This was another piece of silk
Silk (left) and cotton (right)...think I like the cotton.
This was an odd piece of silk I had and was experimenting with a leaf image transfer, just threw it in the mix. Now I'm hoping I can incorporate that leaf into it somehow - a nice pop of color.
The one on the left was cotton, my other favorite is the silk organza on the right. I tried to work with the same colors so I would have enough pieces to do something with.
Today my little Audrey comes for a week.  My granddaughter is 23 months old. I look at the pictures of her as a newborn and hard to believe we've had her for 2 years. We're all set with a kiddy pool, a gallon of bubble stuff, wands, shovels, books, Pirates Booty (a cheese snack, never heard of that one). It does bring back memories.
Til next time...Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment