Saturday, May 25, 2019

Mother's Day

Because I use this blog as my journal, from time to time I'll record things that are non sewing related. At the end of the year I have my blog printed into a book - thanks to Kay Sorensen who made me aware of the idea. I figure in my old age, I can sit back and look through my books for a trip down memory lane...so here goes.



Mothers Day was a couple of weeks ago and I'm always lucky enough to spend it with my daughter...it's also her birthday weekend as she was born on Mother's Day so it's off to Atlanta. We always have a whirlwind of things to do including shopping and lunch at Cheesecake Factory - always with a glass of wine and great girl talk. The food is delicious and such large portions - good for another lunch (mine on the above left is their Chinese Chicken Salad - my favorite).  LUSH is one of the stores we visit with so many yummy smelling products for bathtime and beyond...and the color - wow!

Anthropologie is another store I like to visit just to see the small vignettes they create throughout the store - so clever.
One night we went to a beautiful restaurant in Decatur, GA - Wahoo...good food and beautiful ambiance.

The entryway was lovely...we did so many other things including the Georgia Aquarium, Happy hour,  homemade pizza night, and visiting with family...I'll need a couple of days to get my energy back. Coming home, this lovely bouquet of peonies was waiting for me on the kitchen counter. ...Thank you Mike..Aren't they gorgeous!....such a great weekend.....and I hope all of you made some good memories also.

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful you have this time with your daughter and making more memories every year!!!! All the food (& wine!) sound fantastic! Tomorrow we head to my daughter's for a belated Mother's Day Brunch! My son had his MIL and myself over on Mother's Day so I get two treats!!!

    ReplyDelete