Wednesday, May 1, 2019

North Carolina Hurrican Quilt Project

I started these blocks at our annual retreat with PTA (our fiber group - Piecers, Talkers, Appliquers and then changed to Professional Textile Artists) and finally finished up. I laid a blanket on the floor in my studio and was able to see the size and placement easily.
 I was going to pin them in place for those "just in case" moments....
 I was suspicious of my cat Fraggle who adores fabric and thinks it's there just for him.
 Well I got up the next morning my "should-a, would-a, could-a" moment came true...Fraggle had a great time the night before.
 So I started from scratch to put them all together again.
 and also using a lint brush....It did come out clean as a whistle and all put back together...
and the backing and binding sent along also. I believe this project is continuing until or thru August of this year. It's so worthwhile and those receiving these beautiful quilts are so happy to get them. If you have a little spare time consider getting involved...go to www.frommycarolinahome.com  As my daughter said, perhaps now more than any other time in their life, they need something warm and fuzzy, something to remind them of people who love and care about them and are praying for them...

2 comments:

  1. I was happy to be able to see the quilt before you sent it off….really lovely….someone will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gesture!!! I have to laugh what our animals can put us through....I had a bargello quilt strips on batt covered foam board to check on my design. I also had my blue front Amazon bird sitting outside her cage on a perch...well, she flew down and guess what! My entire design was gone! Talk about frustrating...she just walked over and picked up a strip! HA Gotta love her.....your cat looks like he had a great time. HA

    ReplyDelete