Monday, August 31, 2009

Fabric for Small Studies

I really like doing these Small Studies and feeling good about making a very teeny, tiny dent in my fabric stash and trying out various new screens, paints and techniques. I just finished one using leftover digital imagery from the Windows quilt which is almost done - love those leftovers too! I pulled out a some fabric for my next study; I like some of the fabric (if not all) to be something I made. In my marbling days, I did a lot of tissue lame - a hard fabric to marble but worth the effort. It really has a lot of energy and I'll probably quilt it following the marbling lines. I paired it with the blue silk noil which is very quiet and a good side-kick for the marbling but think it needs something else.
Think this hand-dyed purplish color might do the trick.
Yup!! think it's good, off and running again.
Stay tuned to see what it becomes. I'll be curious also. 
Until then, happy sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment