Sunday, December 30, 2012

Enchanted Village revisited

Well it's my birthday today and as much as I don't like birthdays, I'm happy to be celebrating another one. Part of my present to myself is to have an uninterrupted day in my studio. It's been wonderful.  I know I've shown this quilt in progress awhile back with very little left to be done before being quilted.  The birdhouse in this quilt still need birds to make it look complete.

I went online to get copyrite free images of bluebirds.  I also had a wonderful picture of my cat Molly who loves birds for different reasons than my own, but thought her expression might work in this little vignette. All photos were printed individually on the one sheet making the best use of my treated fabric. It is a little time consuming but better than making all the many sheets of fabric for printing.
I ironed the sheet of images onto fusible web and then cut them out....
to be placed on and around the birdhouse.
with Miss Molly looking longingly from down below.
I also added some squiggles using Candlelight couching thread.
and another adorable little baby blue bird perched up in a tree branch higher up on the quilt. I couldn't help myself. He was so cute and chubby.
So now to quilt this big boy.
More to follow - and I wish you all a wonderful New Year filled with fun times, good health and lots of studio time!

No comments:

Post a Comment