Monday, July 15, 2013

And a Few More

And just a few more to share from our dyeing adventure last week. A couple of years ago a friend introduced me to Radiance by Kaufman Fabrics - a blend of 55% cotton and 45% silk.  I had forgotten I had it and came upon it while we were preparing our fabric for dyeing. This fabric had not been washed ahead of time like the instructions suggested so I had no idea how it would react.
I wrapped it around marbles, only doing a small piece.
The interesting thing about this fabric was the "halo" around the resisted areas......It was a grayish color, not a lighter blue like you would think - really pretty and a surprise.
And the big old fashioned pink plastic hair rollers were used to resist areas of this fabric.  Seeing these rollers brought back memories of living in a college dorm, going to dinner with my hair in curlers and wearing a big wooly hat to cover them up (we couldn't wear rollers in the dining hall).Why do I remember silly things like that?
Kate brought some vintage clothing as the textures were really nice.  She dipped them for a few seconds to get a paler color.
This was a favorite in my batch.  It was a blend as it didn't take a real deep color.  It was also a sheer and had been rusted so the combination made for pretty results.
Til next time....Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment