Friday, February 25, 2011

And it all started with....

I had taken this picture a while back and brought it to be copied on a lazer copier; I hit some button that created this effect, which I love but don't remember how I did it.  I thought I would use it in my tree series.
I then found this next piece of fabric which I monoprinted and thought the colors would work well together.
In looking through my stash, I came upon this rice bag I purchased while on a trip to Japan many years ago. This is the original bag which I Indigo dyed some years back. I love the "mending" stitches (on right). The bags are traditionally beige colored and used in the rice fields for collecting rice.
The 2 pieces worked well together.
I love "faces" so when I came upon this in my stash, I thought .....hmmmmm..... perhaps it will work. The face is a drawing my son did and is printed on silk organza - might make a nice overlay
on this fabric with writing screened on top
and trees.
I like layering and this might work but I think it needs a little toning down.
So more layering and a good solution - go to a home improvement store for some screening!
Perfect for overlays and toning things down.
So here's the combination of fabrics so far.
I found this other sheer printed with a "half" of a tree, just begging to be used.
I thought it might work as an overlay on the original photo of trees (far left). I like it - it's subtle.
And the finished piece - "Trees I - Winter"
I'm having great fun working in this series of trees. Before they all leaf out, I'll be heading out to the Blue Ridge Parkway to take more photographs.
Til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment