Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival

I had a wonderful week teaching at Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival last week.  I drove up with friend and fellow teacher - Linda Cantrell, on Tuesday.  Wednesday, I helped hang the "Inspired By" exhibit by our PTA group.  It was a wonderful experience to be invited to exhibit at such a top notch national show. Many members from PTA drove up to see it.  I also had some extra time and helped hang the Alzheimer's exhibit but more on that later. One of the workshops I taught was Shaded Florals - a new workshop I developed as a result of creating my piece for the Inspired By exhibit.  Students had their choice of 3 different patterns and using commercial fabric, fused and stitched a beautiful flower.  Using Shiva paintstiks, the piece was then shaded to give more dimension.  The gals were wonderful, worked hard and created such beautiful work.  It was a cold, blustery day outside but in my classroom, it felt like spring with all the beautiful color and flowers.
 I loved this bright red Iris.
 The class was big, so we took 2 pictures to fit everyone in.
 Didn't they do an amazing job.
 After class, it was over to the quilt show - grabbing moments here and there to see the show. As a teacher, there's not a lot of free time.  Then it was back to the hotel to visit with friends who came to see the show. Are we having fun or what - count those wine glasses!
 Linda Fiedler has retired this year from the teaching circuit - such a very lovely and talented lady.  She came to Mid Atlantic to do her last lecture and also attend the quilt show where she had a special exhibit of her quilts.
All in all, it was great fun - more to follow, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment