Thursday, October 1, 2015

Asheville Quilt Guild Quilt Show

The countdown is on. As I write this, only 16 more hours until the Asheville Quilt Guild opens its doors once again for their annual quilt show. Just when you think it can't get any better, lo and behold, it does and this year is no exception.
 I can't begin to imagine the amount of hours spent on putting this wonderful show together. So many ladies and many husbands setting up, hanging quilts and turning this very large and sterile facility into a quilt wonderland if only for a few days.
 I hope you'll stop by and see for yourself.
 There are many wonderful vendors...
 color, color everywhere.
 There is a quilt gallery shop...
 where members can sell their work - so many beautiful quilts all at such a reasonable price. There is also a quilt gift shop where members can sell smaller, handmade items.
 And the quilts themselves...
 beautiful!
 One of my favorites is this one by Kate Weston The piecing in it is incredible and I wish I knew how many little pieces went into making this....
 and Marilyn Wall's wonderful thread painting of her grandson (on left). I've been following the progress of this piece on her blog.
And this one, in person - believe me when I tell you, it's worth the price of admission to see. The quilts did not have name labels on them as yet but I have a hunch who this one belongs to. So if you're in the area, come on over to the Ag Center on Airport Road in Asheville. The quilt show runs for 3 days - Fri - Sun, Oct 2 - 4 and it should prove to be inspiring as well as great fun.

2 comments:

  1. The quilt by Kate Weston is from a pattern by Sue Garman called (rightfully so) "Oh my Gosh". Its on my to do list. That last quilt you have pictured is a beauty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - it looks like a fantastic show Judy! I hope you enjoy every moment! Definitely a reason to Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete