Monday, January 11, 2010

A Good Idea

Every year, instead of resolutions  I write down things I want to try during the year - no pressure, just when I get to it. This list always includes a book I want to work through - try techniques, make samples and maybe expand into something bigger. Either way it becomes a fun learning experience. I love image transfer techniques and love to work in fabric. This book came to my attention, mostly mixed media but there's a lot that can be translated onto fabric. Once a book becomes an "official work book", I bring it to an office supply store and
have them turn it into a spiral workbook for only a few dollars.

This makes it so easy to use as it stays open to the section you're working on.
I ask for the cut off edge (usually discarded) and peel off the title as you can see below and
slip it into the spiral opening making it easier to identify on the shelf.
My very favorite books become spiral books. I know I'm going to have fun with this one.
On another note, I'm packing for our "annual PTA retreat" -  3 wonderful days of sewing, sharing, eating, SIPPING, laughing - will have lots to share when I get home. Have a GREAT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment