I also marked off yardage on the strips as you can see below.
I then laid the pattern pieces down, allowing for a flip of each one as all called for "cut 2" of each piece.
It really helped to see it laid out like this. According to my calculations (nervous, nail biting time) I think I figured righ and I'm off to buy it tomorrow at House of Fabrics. There is a professional seamstress on board who makes wedding gowns. I look forward to her input.
I also made a muslin some time back, tweaked it and tweaked it again and then made adjustments on the pattern.
It's nice to be able to mark it up with a Sharpie marker.
So here is the layout of the charmeuse and the organza.
I was talking to my friend Nancy today and was saying "I can't imagine that I can't do this" and she jumped in and said Judy, don't say that. You've got to say "I know I can, I know I can". So.... Thanks to all of you for joining me on this journey - I know it will be a good one (and I also know I can)!