Saturday, January 9, 2010

Lake Oconee Quilt Guild

This past week I had the great pleasure of visiting the Lake Oconee Quilt Guild in Greensboro, Georgia. It's a small guild - has only been around for a short time; but has grown in leaps and bounds since its first meeting. The ladies are delightful. When lecturing, I'm always aware of "faces" - smiling? enthused? receptive? - they were all of the above.  The "Show and Tell", always my favorite part so here's a peak at some of their beautiful work "up close and personal". Enjoy!
I loved the piecing on this quilt. I have a great appreciation for anyone who can do it so well.
The bright colors in this next piece were great. The quilter who made it said it was for her granddaughter who had all 4 bedroom walls painted a different color. This will work well, I think!

This next "little person's quilt" has a wonderful border.


I love the big blocks of color and smaller blocks made into the sashing - clean, simple, lovely!
I love the antique feel to this next quilt.

This quilt was made in a Kaffe Fassett workshop. It's all about color.

A student in my workshop had created this lovely small wall hanging but felt it needed some highlights. In class we talked about using couching thread in the bobbin and sewing on the reverse side - which she did..and..
with great results!
A great trip!  Thank you ladies of Lake Oconee Quilt Guild. You are terrific!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post, Judy. I'll be at Lake Oconee in February...you're right, it's a wonderful group!

    ReplyDelete