Monday, April 6, 2009

Birthday Happenings

This past weekend was a birthday celebration for my son, Mike. My daughter came from Atlanta to visit and we went to our favorite place for celebrating - the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. We always walk outside first, taking in the view. It's always breathtaking and springtime is especially colorful.Another gorgeous view of the mountains before having dinner.
The next day we went to Graveyard Fields for a hike - so much inspiration for quilts. I love this tiny waterfall
and the coloring on these rocks! Guaranteed, they will turn up printed on fabric and in a quilt.
I loved this tree, bleached white from the sun and amongst all the brown ones, how unique. This will probably become an image for a silk screen. Nature is wonderful!
I'm off to teach in SC for a couple of days. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment