Friday, April 23, 2010

More Fiber Junkies

At our Fiber Junkies meeting this week, one of the highlights is always the projects, techniques and products we share with each other. There's always such a wealth of information and inspiration, I come home with my mind reeling. One of our members, Carol Sloan, is a mixed media artist and creates  wonderful things. She's been working with texture and an embellisher which does needlepunch work. I have a special attachment for my Bernina that does the same thing, works fantastic, but not a separate machine. Here's some pictures and sketches Carol tried to recreate with texture.
This was done with fusible web which was painted with Lumiere paint. Lumiere is a textile paint with a high metallic content, also very dense so gives great coverage. Parts of the web cracked giving it more texture.
This next piece was created using the needlepunch machine, lots of snippets of thread, fabrics, cheesecloth, yarn etc. It was a most interesting piece in person, something you could pour over and still keep finding things.

Carol loves to paint papers and use them in journals.

This next one might be my favorite. We're all hoping this might be one of our mini-workshops this year. I want one for myself, one for my daughter - I want...I want.

On another note, this weekend, I head to Atlanta for a final fitting and delivery of the gown. The wedding is 3 weeks from tomorrow. I guess I'm ready, I guess I'm ready. Now to find a really good "water-proof" mascara!

No comments:

Post a Comment